Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's getting closer to Thanksgiving and a lot of ppl are doing Thanksgiving count-downs. I can't possibly begin to list all the things I am thankful for but I will give just a sampling here and then move on. I am thankful, of course for what we in America call 'the basics', being: food, water, shelter, clothes, jobs, cars and family/friends. But what about all the beautiful 'extras' that we take for granted, like: Christian music and teachings available for us to listen to freely on the radio the web or even to buy. And, what about nature...clouds, water falls, flowers, birds, bugs, mountains etc. And, even body parts are to be thankful for as not everyone has all their limbs or organs. How often do we thank God for eyesight, taste buds and the sense of touch. Real extras like warm, cozy fireplaces and 10 pairs of shoes with as many purses. For guys, tickets to sporting events, local leagues, and cable sports channels. I can't even begin to say how many things there are that I am thankful for. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Now on to other things...just an amazing revelation about my personality. It hit me yesterday, that i am a 'Simon Peter'. I am passionate, and vocal and zealous...and sometimes get so into the convictions and revelations in my life...that I just can't wait for others to 'get it' . I have to be more gentle and patient, I guess. We all learn and grow at our own pace and I am sure that for the amount of time I have been saved..I should be way more mature than I am.

Well, that's it..just wanted to update on this before I forgot what was on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment