Thursday, March 10, 2011

to all my adopted teenagers...

I have had the immense privilege of getting to know quite a few of the youth in our church over the last couple of years. I am constantly amazed at how blessed I feel to be a part of their lives. I have gone through so many different stages with them. I have laughed, cried, rebuked, teased, punched,( playing around of course), trash talked, rocked out with and gotten messy with these guys and girls over this last while. Sometimes a few of them have gotten me pretty upset, and I have wanted to slap them over the head, but then I've also seen growth and maturity from the same kids. I've learned about how some of them struggle to fit in, get picked on and feel depressed. I've watched a couple of them find someone who they feel might be in their permanent future as a soul mate. I see others getting close to college age, and getting ready to make some big choices. I've given some crazy 'talks' to a few, have encouraged some to con't to step up and be the example, and have enjoyed seeing how some have already found their God-given talents and am so excited to see how they will use them for Jesus' glory. Some of these guys/girls simply make me look bad....they are so involved in service and leadership, volunteering and have strong work ethics. I admire them, and they are examples for me. Others already know that they want to live out a life of Christ-likeness and are doing just that. They have their spiritual heads on straight, and it makes me wish that I had been so committed when I was at their age. So, just to say, to all of you teens/young adults, I love every last one of you, will con't to hang out with, be a pest to, listen to, advise, stick my tongue out at, irritate, get in your faces, party with, have your back, call you out, and generally be a second mom to all of you,( or at least those who are willing to put up with me). God put each of you in my life and I am sooooo blessed. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment