Friday, October 30, 2009

So, what's been going on? I haven't felt like blogging at all for one thing. What's to say...life is happening every day...school, errands, church. There are good things and bad and so there hasn't seemed to be anything very "deep" or interesting lately. At the beauty salon the other day, while Victoria was getting her hair tricked with some color..I had several nice conversations with a couple of the stylists. I learned that Hobby Lobby has a christian founder, just like Chickfila and most of the Liquid Highways around. That's so cool, to hear of how those people have affected in such a good way the people around them. I also got to share my take on tooth fairy, Santa and the like and it was accepted without disgust. Day by day, there are things in the news, that tell us that the state of the U.S. is declining morally as well as, as a world power. I guess I am feeling a more realistic sense of impending struggle for those who believe. Maybe that's why lately, I don't seem to care as much about things that aren't going to help me prepare in my heart and mind for these trials. I want to kind of blot out the areas in life that tempt me to live materially. I want to enjoy being at home with my children and am so thankful that at least Victoria is almost done with school. If homeschooling ever goes out the door, then poor Francis will be the one to endure his high school yrs. in "the system". Blah! Well, I do have some ideas of things i want to do that are fun, like learning how to make different kinds of candied apples...get our fireplace fixed, so we can use it and get rid of as many things as I can to make this house as simple as possible. I thought I was super motivated to make some sets of scrapbook cards to use as Christmas gifts, but I have totally lost interest and I hardly got started. Bummer...maybe inspiration will hit again soon. I want to finish a couple scrapbooks, and prob. get 2-3 more started...after that, I think I will get rid of most of the scrapbooking stuff and leave that behind as well. I guess this season in my life is just to enjoy fam., simplify and be ready to do what God wants. I have hopes for the women's meeting to go on, but something tells me they won't. I am thinking about doing the girls purity class at church, so maybe that's where I'll be next. I don't want to shirk my responsibilities to the ministry God has for me...but sometimes I just don't know what in the world I am supposed to do. One day at a time I guess and no condemnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment