Friday, April 30, 2010

wonderful weather

I sat on the swing that my husband put up and was enjoying the freshness of the weather. Under the canopy of the oak tree, I looked around the yard and saw all the birds plucking the ground for bugs and worms, I saw my baby garden and the remnants of the azalea flowers. The breeze was fresh, not stifling or humid. Someone jogged by and commented that I had the right idea about how to spend a morning. I told him I had just spent half hr. watering the different areas of garden and flower beds. I water by can and I have to remind myself that it's good to do work and I will see the benefits as we harvest both edibles and visual delights. I imagine how horrible I'd be as a farmers wife, haha, and also feel convicted that I don't do more but way too often just sit and do mindless things. Maybe this is why I don't find as much satisfaction in things as I should and maybe this is why my own kids are very lazy as well. We are so blessed with technology that makes our life easy, that we don't work anymore at things and we have lost the art of what God intended. We are to take care of this earth, by working it. We are to perform good works, by doing..not sitting. I am trying to find my place of ministry,(still) and really feel that I must be in a season of preparation, of getting to know the Lord again on a different level and seeing things more through His eyes. I don't know what things/people He will put in my path but I know that I do what I can to reach people in the everyday of life. I am sure there's more that i should be doing. I will surely write another post some day about what new things are happening regarding these issues. I do however have gratitude everyday for running water, and car that starts, a ceiling fan, and a fridge. Even if I don't have a list of ministries or activities, I still feel that everyday is such a gift, a place for me to learn. I also love God's creation, the beauty that I am allowed to enjoy. I love this spring weather, it is so peaceful and full of promise...promise of renewal, regeneration, peace, and it even brings me to a place of quiet and a feeling of being in the presence of His holiness. It's amazing how something as simple as a season can be so profound in me. And just as a season of the year can be such a blessing, so can each season of our life when we allow God to do His work in us.

2 comments:

  1. I am usually not a nature lover, but springtime is amazing!
    I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, there's something in God's creation for all of us to enjoy right?

    ReplyDelete