Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Aaahhh! I am sitting here and trying to unwind and think about all the things I wanted to blog about today. The day has been busy in a pretty good way I guess. I am behind in my preparations for tomorrow's Into the Deep meeting. I will be spending some time on that in a bit,( I hope). This morning I was thinking about something I read in another person's blog... "Spiritual Temperature". I guess we all analyze ourselves in that area from time to time. It should be everyday though. I guess that would be a good thing to do at the end of everyday. Maybe I will have a notebook where I analyze my thoughts, behavior and actions to see where I am at. I bet I will find a lot to commit to the Lord! I guess when I am tempted to see others in a bad light, looking further into my own imbalances will keep my focus where it should be,( on the responsibility of my own walk). One thing I am not pleased about is something I have thought about off and on esp. when the conversation comes up among others. I have analyzed this and really need to decide how I will balance this out. It is the subject of healthy food. I already buy only wheat, (almost) and lots of fruits and some veggies. However, when I hear ppl talking all about only eating organic and stuff, I feel like we are not seeing things with spiritual eyes. I mean, we're not going to be here forever and all that extra money on organics could be used to feed someone who doesn't have anything to eat. I know it's good to be healthy but at what price to others? Therefore, I wonder if I should be more economical and buy some cheaper things in certain areas to provide for others. Hmm. I guess that would be easy enough to do in some areas, but I don't know if I'd be willing to really go for broke. What about other areas of my life...shopping,( clothes, home school supplies and so forth). I don't need half of what I have, yet I keep buying. I guess I need to commit that to prayer again too. I used to pray about having wisdom and self-control more but that is gone with the wind lately. Why am I not meditating on spiritual things more and allowing the materialism to grow stronger again. Hmmm, time to go over it all again. I guess all these things lead back to that occasional check of the spiritual thermometer my friends spoke of.

No comments:

Post a Comment