Saturday, September 5, 2009

A season of service. That's what God is putting on my heart. Over the last few yrs. I have served in the church, but mostly with the little ones. While that is a great place to serve, I felt God leading me to get others into and excited about resources that would help them know what's going on in this world and how to refute the lies that Satan has put out there for us,( and our children) to contend with. If we don't know how to answer people, then how will they know the Truth? Well, I really had this on my heart for the youth and for about 2 yrs. I have tried to figure out how to get this message to the young people. There seemed to be no open doors, so now I am trying to equip the ladies of the Body and hopefully they will teach their kids from what they learn. During this time, I began to feel that my heart wasn't in the kids' ministries anymore. I bowed out and waited. I had a season where I did nothing at church because even though my mind said," You should be doing something", my heart said, "Wait until God gives you the 'Go' ". So, now here I am and have just felt God recently giving me the desire and excitement for service. Now, not only in the church but out of it as well. I want to sign up for Meals on Wheels,
( but have to wait until Oct. to go through orientation) and I want to help with our shut-ins from church...I feel that it is time for me to get involved in kids ministries again and I want to con't to seek and outlet for the burning in my heart for the youth to know more than they do and to be challenged. What else? I want to lay tracts about Halloween in the stores to hopefully bring people into an awareness of this evil day, and bring the focus instead onto God's love for them and hopefully bring them to repentance. I have felt God speaking to me about inviting my neighbors over for one on one time so we can get to know each other and so that I can shine forth into their lives the love of Jesus. I know that my kids desperately need to be actively involved in ministry to the elderly so that they can glean from the love and wisdom to be had from them, and I want my kids to learn how to sacrifice time to serve, and to serve the unsaved in our community in order to plant seeds and bring in the harvest. It's so neat, how when God deems you ready for the next step or season in your "walk" it is a joy and not a drudgery to do his bidding. I am so eager to see how God will richly bless our lives with joy and deep satisfaction that I know will come from serving and I also pray that through this my children's lives will be drastically changed and that they will see Jesus working through us and the effect will be a deep hunger and desire to have God in their lives as their Saviour and know through their own personal experience that God works miracles, and will do amazing things in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment