Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Beautiful day today...fishing in the a.m., it was so peaceful and quiet out by the lake where we went. Victoria got vertigo for some reason and spent a lot of her day in bed, but managed to get school done anyway. Francis and I watched a couple of videos from the library and then I watched a Nooma video called "Rich". I have been trying to simplify over the last while..having days where I am totally gung ho about getting rid of stuff. I feel that I miss those incredibly small houses where we lived most of the time we were in P.R. and in Greenville too. After watching that video, I just want to sell this house and go move into a smaller one. We would be able to live with almost no debt and use our money to serve others. Wow, we are so rich but don't feel that we are...there's always more to be had. Shame on us! I will be in prayer as to how this issue may be dealt with. One thing though is the question that comes to mind when looking at the continuously growing pile of homeschool stuff that is amassing itself against my wall. I have always given stuff away for free, but I feel like there are a lot of things that I spent good money on and would I be a good steward if I gave it all away, or should I pack it up for a yr., until the next homeschool book fair and try to earn money from it? Another thing to put into prayer I guess. Does anybody else feel this way besides me?

No comments:

Post a Comment