Friday, September 11, 2009

I have had a great thing happen to me today...it was simple but I feel a sense of accomplishment. I have been stressed out lately to see the "unfinished" places in my house. I have been going over and over in my head what corners or walls need "something". Today though, something happened that made a huge difference in my kitchen and it didn't cost me a cent. Thank you God for providing an answer to an unspoken prayer, a desire of the heart and now I feel so good to be rid of the burden. To make a long story short...I moved a large potted plant from the very unused foyer, to the wall by my hutch, moved a lonely grouping of plants from the ugly, unused porch to the kitchen and put it on an improvised "stand" in another lifeless corner, moved my pitcher plant from the porch to hanging beside the window at my sink, and finally, filled a $1.00 round, glass bowl with potting soil, went outside and dug up some climbing vines at the base of a tree and...tada, a pretty plant to go on top of the hutch,( I even added neutral colored decorative rocks that I had stashed away). Now, my kitchen has more life! And all for free..just a little rearranging, and using what was available. Now I am going to see how I can do this in other places as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment